This blog is all about how Jim and I lose weight together. It ain't gonna be easy, but we're finally ready to get started! Join us!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The new things you experience when you start to work out...

So I went to the gym the other day then immediately came home to shower- like I've always done after I work out. BUT this time I step into the nice warm shower and the water is very cold on my head while warm on my body. WEIRD! I guess my head was letting out heat from the work out and my head was hotter than the water in the shower, but my body was normal temperature?? That's the only explanation I can think of for my crazy weird shower phenomenon. It was strange, to say the least.

Anyway, we're both doing well. Working out every day, taking Sundays off. And we're eating better, still getting rid of the boxed and junk foods, but staying under our calorie goals. YAY us!
Although today I stepped on the scale to take a peek and I've only lost .4 lbs. I have to admit I was a little disappointed, but a loss is a loss. Right?

3 comments:

  1. a loss IS a loss Raylene! just make sure you are drinking enough water. i know that my water intake plays a HUGE part in how much i lose, especially when i'm just starting. i think i'm genetically predisposed to retain LOTS of extra water. if i drink enough water that helps a TON though.
    i don't know if i've ever experienced what you did but it IS interesting the new things one discovers when making life changes.
    keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me the other day. Paul and I worked out and then when I got in the shower the water was almost my body temp, like a luke warm shower but the water was hot. And a loss is a LOSS! Way to go! We're working on cycling out our less healthy foods too. Luckily we just seemed to run out of a lot of our bulk things at once this time. And payday is tomorrow so we're planning on getting better stuff. You're doing great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Yeah, I need to understand that sometimes my losses will be small. I just think as big as my butt is the initial loss would be bigger. Plus, it hasn't bee a full week yet, who knows!

    Thank goodness I'm not the only one! That was such a strange sensation.

    ReplyDelete